Hello Rotaract KC! Sarah Snyder here. At the June meeting, I announced that the board created new leadership positions for our chapter to help manage responsibility and progress. We would like to highlight these opportunities and consider this the announcement of the nominations.
We are excited to get more members involved in our club leadership. We strongly encourage you to apply as it’s one of the best ways to meet people in Rotaract and get involved with it’s success. To nominate someone or yourself, please send an email to email@example.com with: 1) which position you’re interested in and 2) what makes you qualified and 3) why you want to serve as a leader in Rotaract KC. You must be a member in good standing to qualify. Nominations are open now until Friday, August 9. If you have any questions on these positions, please contact Nick or Sarah.
The main responsibility of the Historian is to keep a record of the club’s accomplishments and activities for each year, retain all archival material in an appropriate storage facility, and update and retain club history materials. Major duties:
- Keep a record of the club’s accomplishments and activities through brochures, bulletins, minutes of board meetings, photographs, memorabilia and other such records deemed necessary.
- Collect and retain descriptions, news clippings about the club and its members, and photos and videos of club events throughout the year.
- Develop a club history record of significant events
- Organize a scrapbook to tell the club’s story for the year
Programs Committee Chair
Serve as chair for the programs committee:
- Organize and plan programs for the monthly chapter meetings for the year
- Invite and effectively communicate with program presenter
- Communicate programs schedule to chapter at least 2 months in advance
International Service Chair (replacing previous chair)
Serve as chair to the international service committee:
- Reviews members’ suggestions for international service projects to ensure they address real needs and can be successfully carried out by the club
- Develops plans for the club’s annual international service project
- Leads, organizes, and implements the international service project
- Develops additional activities that promote international understanding among club members and in the community